SKD Campus has separate hostels for boys and girls with all modern facilities and attached mess. Hostel life is an integral part of the campus experiences at SKD. It seeks to create the kind of atmosphere in which students grow and develop both intellectually and socially. It gives our students opportunities to confront issues that are of importance in their lives as also in society, making the hostels much more than a place to eat, sleep and do laundry, a home away from home, a place with which a lot of emotions are attached. The hostels houses have a fully equipped gym and separate courts for Volley Ball, Basket Ball, and Badminton. The concerned staff looks after the university assets and ensures that the hostel remains responsive all the time. There is 24×7 security inside the campus in general and within the hostels in particular. Each Hostel Block is under the supervision of a Warden. Any student venturing out of the campus overnight has to mandatorily take prior permission from the Hostel Warden and inform prior in case of Late Night Entry. The entire campus is under 24X7 CCTV surveillance. Surprise raids are also conducted to ensure that students are not in possession of contraband items.
Infrastructure and facilities:
- All dormitories are well-ventilated, spacious, well organized with adequate furniture and other amenities.
- Each student has an independent unit consisting of a bed, wardrobe, study table, chair & shoe rack.
- Each dorm has a box room and sufficient toilets and bathrooms.
- Hot water is provided by roof-top mounted solar water heaters.
- The dorms are protected from mosquitoes with mesh on all the windows.
- Free Computer Lab facilities available after the class hours.
- Students Train Reservation center facility.
- Uninterrupted power supply , separate Generator for Students
Kitchen, canteen and laundry:
- Kitchen is well equipped to cook for more than 400 persons at a time. It has a separate line for steam cooking of rice, milk and daal, and a separate line for all other processes. All food prepared in the kitchen is tasted by a senior member of the staff before being served.
- The menu for the children is made by Nutritionists, keeping in mind the dietary requirements of the children. It is changed from time to time, so as to give the children a change.
- Children are provided with a wide variety of cuisines of North Indian .
- A Canteen with a wide variety of cooked and ready to eat snacks, drinks and other goodies also provides students with alternatives.
- The school has a well-equipped laundry with an industrial grade washing machine, water expeller and dryer. All the machines are run on steam from a dedicated steam generator. Washed clothes are pressed using a line of steam irons.
Sanctity of The Hostels
- The hostels being a part of the University premises deserve a sacred status.
- Use of bad and abusive language should be avoided within the hostel / University premises.
- Students are not permitted to keep-in-their possession, room crackers, dangerous weapons, firearms, contraband items or instruments that can cause serious injury to others. Students should not indulge in any illegal and/or unethical activity on the hostel premises.
- Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks and use of narcotic drugs in the hostel premises is strictly prohibited. Neither the students nor their visitors are allowed to bring or consume liquor, drugs, or any other intoxicants in the hostel premises. Severe action will be taken against those in possession of drugs or found under their influence.