Shri Khushal Das University, Hanumangarh Central Library is the hub for information services in the university and serves as a major learning and resource centre. It is a creative and innovative partner in supporting the teaching, learning, scholarship and research activities of the university. With the fast growing collection, both in digital and print forms using the state-of-the-art facilities, the Central library is contributing to our mission of becoming a world class university.
The objectives of the library are:
- To support the educational, research and extension programmes (present and anticipated) of Shri Khushal Das University, Hanumangarh by providing access to global information.
- To provide reading facility and services to the students for the success of all formal programmes of instruction.
- To provide need based information products and services to facilitate scholarly research in the fields of special interest to the University.
- To help the faculty members in order to keep abreast of latest developments in their respective fields.
- To co-operate with other libraries in India and abroad for resource sharing and networking.
The Library is opened throughout the year except on six Public Holidays.
|Issue of Cards||Beginning of the academic year|
|Issue & Return of Books||8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Week days|
|Week Days||8.00 A.M. – 8.00 P.M.|
|Sundays & Holidays||10.00 A.M. – 5.00 P.M.|
In order to achieve functional efficiency, the library is organized into 11 different sections. They are Circulation Section, Book Acquisitions Section, Periodicals Section, Technical Processing Section, Stack Area (Science & Technology), Stack Area (Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences), Reference Section, Competitive Examinations Cell & Text Book Section, Binding Section, Digital Library and Administrative Section.
Competitive Examinations Cell
The novel feature of Shri Khushal Das University, Hanumangarh Library is the establishment of Competitive Examinations Cell with the main objective of providing reading material for student community preparing for various competitive examinations. The cell provides books and journals relating to Civil Services, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, GATE, CAT, UGC-NET, Air force, Army, Navy, SSC, Bank and other competitive examinations. The cell has about 15,000 documents relating to various competitive examinations.
Library Rules & Regulations
- All the faculty, staff and students are members of the institute library
- No personal belongings, except purses and note books, shall be allowed to be carried with the readers beyond the issue counter. These shall be deposited at the property counter.
- The students shall keep silence within the Library premises.
- No student is allowed to sleep in the Library premises.
- No student is allowed to use mobile phone in the Library.
- Students found creating indiscipline in the library or misbehaving with the library staff will be debarred from the library for the next fifteen days and in serious cases membership will be cancelled and disciplinary action will be taken.
- Damage of any kind to the books or property in the Library invites imposition of fine.
- Each student shall present his/her ID card along with necessary Reader’s Ticket before any book is issued to his/her.
- Each student is provided with four Reader’s Tickets.
- In case of loss of a Reader’s Ticket, the student must report immediately to the Librarian. Rs 50/- will be charged for replacement of the Reader’s Ticket and the student will be responsible for any book issued on the lost card.
- Students must not lend their Reader’s Ticket to any other student to borrow books from the Library. Library facilities will be withdrawn for such students.
- The books shall be issued to the students for a period of 14 days.
- The Librarian can recall any library reading material at any time if necessity arises.
- If the students bringing the already issued book in the Library, the details of that book are to be mentioned in the register at the gate before entering the Library. The book will be confiscated in case the entry of the book is not made in the register.
- When books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the Counter. On returning the books, if pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall accordingly be fined.
- In case a book is lost, the student should report to the librarian immediately. The student will have to replace the lost book by a new book of latest edition or pay the necessary fine.
- In case a student gets issued two copies of the same book (the same title, the same author), his/her library card will be cancelled.
- The overdue charge for the books issued for overnight will be Rs 10/- per book per day.
- Newspapers and Magazines/journals should not be taken out from library.
- The “No Dues Certificate” can be secured from the library after clearing all library dues.
Future plans of the Library
- Creation of a database of CD-ROM books.
- Development of Institutional Repositories of PhD., M.Phil., dissertations, publications of faculty members and question papers.