SKD campus having boys and girls hostel facility : Spacious rooms with attached bath are available for both Boys and Girls. Hostel life is an integral part of the campus experiences at SKD. It seeks to create the kind of atmosphere in which students grow and develop both intellectually and socially. It gives our students opportunities to confront issues that are of importance in their lives as also in society, making the hostels much more than a place to eat, sleep and do laundry, a home away from home, a place with which a lot of emotions are attached.
Infrastructure and facilities:
- All dormitories are well-ventilated, spacious, well organized with adequate furniture and other amenities.
- Each student has an independent unit consisting of a bed, wardrobe, study table, chair & shoe rack.
- Each dorm has a box room and sufficient toilets and bathrooms.
- Hot water is provided by roof-top mounted solar water heaters.
- The dorms are protected from mosquitoes with mesh on all the windows.
Kitchen, canteen and laundry:
- Kitchen is well equipped to cook for more than 400 persons at a time. It has a separate line for steam cooking of rice, milk and dhal, and a separate line for all other processes. All food prepared in the kitchen is tasted by a senior member of the staff before being served.
- The menu for the children is made by Nutritionists, keeping in mind the dietary requirements of the children. It is changed from time to time, so as to give the children a change.
- Children are provided with a wide variety of cuisines of North Indian .
- A Canteen with a wide variety of cooked and ready to eat snacks, drinks and other goodies also provides students with alternatives.
- The school has a well-equipped laundry with an industrial grade washing machine, water expeller and dryer. All the machines are run on steam from a dedicated steam generator. Washed clothes are pressed using a line of steam irons.