Books are our best friends. A good book is an ocean of knowledge. It feeds its readers’ mind and soul, helping them get one step closer to becoming the best version of themselves. Books help us broaden our horizons and develop new perspectives. Books play an important role in a student’s life. To support our students in their journey from becoming knowledge seekers to thinkers, we have amassed a rich collection of books on diverse topics. More than just any other library, the SKD library is a temple for knowledge seekers. It is a place where intellectually famished souls come to drink the nectar of true knowledge. To ensure our students get enough opportunities to broaden their knowledge, we update our collection at regular intervals.
|Issue of Cards
||Beginning of the academic year
|Issue & Return of Books
||8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on weekdays
||8.00 A.M. – 8.00 P.M.
|Sundays & Holidays
||10.00 A.M. – 5.00 P.M.
Library Rules & Regulations
- All the faculty, staff and students are members of the institute library
- No personal belongings, except purses and note books, shall be allowed to be carried with the readers beyond the issue counter. These shall be deposited at the property counter.
- The students shall keep silence within the Library premises.
- No student is allowed to sleep in the Library premises.
- No student is allowed to use mobile phone in the Library.
- Students found creating indiscipline in the library or misbehaving with the library staff will be debarred from the library for the next fifteen days and in serious cases membership will be cancelled and disciplinary action will be taken.
- Damage of any kind to the books or property in the Library invites imposition of fine.
- Each student shall present his/her ID card along with necessary Reader’s Ticket before any book is issued to his/her.
- Each student is provided with four Reader’s Tickets.
- In case of loss of a Reader’s Ticket, the student must report immediately to the Librarian. Rs 50/- will be charged for replacement of the Reader’s Ticket and the student will be responsible for any book issued on the lost card.
- Students must not lend their Reader’s Ticket to any other student to borrow books from the Library. Library facilities will be withdrawn for such students.
- The books shall be issued to the students for a period of 14 days.
- The Librarian can recall any library reading material at any time if necessity arises.
- If the students bringing the already issued book in the Library, the details of that book are to be mentioned in the register at the gate before entering the Library. The book will be confiscated in case the entry of the book is not made in the register.
- When books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the Counter. On returning the books, if pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall accordingly be fined.
- In case a book is lost, the student should report to the librarian immediately. The student will have to replace the lost book by a new book of latest edition or pay the necessary fine.
- In case a student gets issued two copies of the same book (the same title, the same author), his/her library card will be cancelled.
- The overdue charge for the books issued for overnight will be Rs 10/- per book per day.
- Newspapers and Magazines/journals should not be taken out from library.
- The “No Dues Certificate” can be secured from the library after clearing all library dues.
- Creation of a database of CD-ROM books.
- Development of Institutional Repositories of PhD., M.Phil., dissertations, publications of faculty members and question papers.