Hostel @ SKD
SKD has separate hostels for boys and girls. Equipped with modern amenities and featuring attached mess, SKD hostels are a home away from home. No one understands the impact that hostel life has on the development of a student better than us. We strive to create a secure, warm and homely environment for our students, helping them excel professionally and personally. We firmly believe that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. SKD hostels have a fully equipped gym and basketball, badminton and volleyball courts that students can use to stay in good shape.
Our committed and dedicated hostel staff considers caring for students their personal commitment, and not just a job responsibility. Security and maintenance staff work round the clock to ensure effective enforcement of hostel rules. Hostels are under 24X7 CCTV surveillance.
- All dormitories are well-ventilated, spacious, well organized with adequate furniture and other amenities.
- Each student has an independent unit consisting of a bed, wardrobe, study table, chair & shoe rack.
- Each dorm has a box room and sufficient toilets and bathrooms.
- Hot water is provided by roof-top mounted solar water heaters.
- The dorms are protected from mosquitoes with mesh on all the windows.
- Kitchen is well equipped to cook for more than 400 persons at a time.
- All food prepared in the kitchen is tasted by a senior member of the staff before being served.
- The menu for the children is made by Nutritionists, keeping in mind the dietary requirements of the children. It is changed from time to time, so as to give the children a change.
- Children are provided with a wide variety of cuisines of North Indian .
- A Canteen with a wide variety of cooked and ready to eat snacks, drinks and other goodies also provides students with alternatives.
- 24-hour emergency response devices and patrols
- Required and Optional safety courses
- Every hostel is supervised by the warden and a faculty-in-charge, who ensure that utmost care is taken to provide best amenities to the students.
- In-house transport services for medical emergencies.
- State-of-the-art gymnasium, fully-equipped with the latest equipment within the campus.
- Instructors and trainers are available to train the students and staff.